Wednesday 11 January 2012

Me! Published inside a book! With words and everything!

So yay! I got home today with this package just inside the door. I was like it's adressed to me! Post! YAY! And I opened it fully expecting to get my signed copy of TFIOS (The Fault In Our Stars) by John Green. Alas it wasn't. But instead it was a poetry book! WITH ONE OF MY POEMS IN IT!!!

*squees loudly*

Anyway I thought I'd share some pictures.

The book is called 'A World Verse'

Yes! It's the Loss of Hiashiness!

Page 2 happens to be sideways


Page 3! Yes that's me!


I don't know why this photo is here. Well you can see the title better.

Actually able to read the writing now! YAY!

Here are all six books that have been published with one of my poems in them. THEY BE SO PRETTY!


This is my pet skull Ebenezer. I keep changing his name. It used to be Skul-man, then Yorik, now its Ebenezer. Umm... I bought it at the Puck Fair in Kilorglin, Ireland back in August. Isn't he adorable?

Ebenezer from the side

He looks weird from the back


Ebenezer looking particularly awesome.


I did record a video of me reciting the poem but it sounds terrible so I'm not uploading it.


YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! TODAY IS SO AWESOME!

12 comments:

  1. Just incase anyone was wondering I make no money from the book as it is an anthology and not actually mine.

    But as this was a competition there is a prize for the top three poems. Don't know when the winners are announced. Here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I HAD NO- Well, I knew your were trying to get a poem in a book, but, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU ALREADY HAD FIVE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!! NOW SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE- THAT'S-

    SOOOOOOOO AWESOOOOOMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOTS! *claps* I'm so glad your poem was published Octa! You poems are so awesome that the whole world should be able to enjoy them!
    And I adore Ebenezer! I'm thinking of getting a Skull myself actually...I saw a moneybox one a few weeks ago that would be quite cool :P
    Oh! And I saw your Poland video! Very deep and emotional but also very good! I hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O well DONE!!!! that poem is epical Octa, i LOVE it. tis beautiful, and i total mean it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT! YOU'RE PUBLISHED! :D

    Great job! I love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that is epicsauce of brilliantness, Octa!!!! Congrats!!! :D

    And here's to hoping that you win! *passes him some butterbeer and toasts*

    Now, I will proceed to comment on all your recent posts (I've been busy, ok? :P ) :D

    WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in a book!

    ...My name anyway...

    ...Well my alias...

    Great job Octa! I already told you how much I loved that poem and the others that you've written.

    Wow that sounded conceited on my part. I am seriously very proud of you Octa. If I could I'd send you some maple syrup, cookies (my cousin wanted to pay me ten dollars to make him some more cookies...sadly I refused his money and the matter wasn't spoken of again), and Meiji gummy candy...It's delicious.

    Blessed be,
    Miss Mary Hiashi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Octa!

    Hmmm, a pet skull?

    Great! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is thrilling, Octa! I'm so excited for you!

    (SQUEE!!)

    In any case, congratulations! What are the other books in which your poems were published, and their authors? (I'm SO finding a way to get those...!)


    YAYAYAYAY!!

    *hugs*

    Ebenezer is a truly awesome skull! (Jealous!)

    Who plays piano?


    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be me. Although I much prefer the trombone.

      Hmm... my other books. Here are the titles.

      May be out of print. The earlier ones anyway.

      But happy searching!

      1. Playground Poets- Inspirations from London Vol II (Poetry by 7-11 year olds). Edited by Steve Twelvetree. (Young Writers 2005 Poetry Competition)

      2. Forward Press Poets 2008- Southern England. Edited by Forward Press Editors.

      3. Poetry Rivals' Collection 2009- Whispers in the Wind. Edited by Donna Samworth.

      4. Forward Press Poets 2009- Southern England. Edited by Forward Press Editors.

      5. Poetry Rivals' Collection 2010- Yesterday's Thoughts, Tomorrow's Voices. Edited by Forward Press Editors. (N.B on the back cover the floating green head- that's me. Don't know why.)

      6. Forward Poetry Regionals 2011- A World of Verse. Edited by Donna Samworth.

      So there you have them. Books with my poetry in them.

      Delete
  11. Also the titles are rather boring now that I think about it.

    Oh well. Doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete